CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Knowing--Another Movie Review

This past weekend I had the rare pleasure of seeing a movie that was above a PG rating. For this momentous occasion I let my darling husband take his pick. We are both huge fans of the National Treasure series and Nicholas Cage so he opted for Knowing. If only we had known before we saw it....

For those of you who have not seen the previews, this is a movie very similar to National Treasure as Nicholas Cages character is a scientist working at MIT. He gets a page of what appears to be random numbers. With his ever cunning intellect he figures that the numbers are dates of tragic events leading up to... (I won't spoil it).

I will let you know that we were very disappointed with the movie. The first 2/3rds of it was great (think National Treasure and the Sixth Sense all rolled into one) but it seemed as the studio just didn't know how to end it. My husband was so disappointed that he has told me he owes me a chick flick at the theater. In the end we enjoyed our evening out but the movie wasn't worth the $30 price tag for 2 at the movie theater.

Now what movie should I tell my husband he gets to take me to next....

3 comments:

  1. I agree It kinda sucked! My man liked it though! I wish he didn't so he would owe me a chick flick- now I'm jealous. Uck - no offense to you but I have something against Nicholas Cage. I don't know what it is but I do. lol- I just find that in every role he plays It's not believable or "real" - in other movies i feel like I'm part of it but not in his? and i don't know why! ps - dont hate me cuz i dont love Nicholas ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember what the movies are! But with ticket prices as they are I would rather watch netflix and spend that money on dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer! It is so rare that parents get to go to a 'real' movie, that we totally feel robbed if we don't like it. Enjoy your chick flick free pass, though.

    I am following you from the MBC Under 100 Club. I'm looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete