CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 18, 2009

Home Improvements

I love our home. We are settled in now that we have been here for 6+ months. This isn't the first home (or only home) that we own so we knew what we were getting into. Now that the spring/summer is officially here we have pulled out our list of things that need to get done around the house. Unfortunately we are not the handy sort of people so most of our major projects require us to hire professionals. Since I am unemployed, these projects have been put on hold. This absolutely sucks! I want my house to be finished but I need to be patient for the $$$ to come in. Our larger projects are truly large including finishing our basement and building a retaining wall in the front yard, my husband wants to tile the master bath and kitchen but I think this may be out of our skill set so we will see how that gets accomplished.

So we are appeasing ourselves with the smaller projects we can handle such as landscaping, landscaping, and landscaping. I am trying to get the gumption together to tackle the painting projects but struggle to find the time (no kids around when I paint) or the motivation to do so. I need to figure out what colors to paint. Once I do start painting I know that I will need several coats of primer as the current colors are dark and disgusting.

What projects are you working on at home?
Is a home ever really finished or will there always be these projects looming?

No comments:

Post a Comment